Plans designed with your life in mind
See how we’re committed to caring for Federal employees like you
It’s nice to have options
Federal employees are individuals with different lives, homes and health concerns. So not all FEHBP plans are alike—other than being designed to help you care for your health more easily.1
- Choice Advantage: nationwide coverage, network only, NO referrals, preventive PPO dental benefit. Has deductibles to meet and pairs perfectly with our Medicare Advantage Value plan.
- Choice Open Access: nationwide coverage, network only, NO referrals, NO deductibles. Plus, a preventive PPO dental benefit.
- Choice Plus Advanced: nationwide coverage, network and out-of-network benefits, NO referrals, and a preventive PPO dental benefit. Has deductibles to meet.
- Choice Plus HDHP with HSA: freedom to see any doctor, network or out of network with no referrals, and build a Health Savings Account (HSA) to help pay for qualified medical expenses. Includes a preventive PPO dental benefit. Has deductibles to meet.
- MD-IPA: Regional network only HMO plan, that requires each member to select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) and requires referrals to see Specialist. Enhanced preventive PPO dental benefit plus additional Discount Dental, and enhanced Vision benefits. (plan offered only in DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
- Choice Primary: nationwide coverage, network only, NO referrals, and a preventive PPO dental benefit. Most notably, $0 copays for primary care physician (PCP) visits and Virtual Visits—regardless of age—and Tier 1 prescriptions for $5. Has deductibles to meet.
- Choice Plus Primary: nationwide coverage, network and out-of-network benefits, NO referrals, and a preventive PPO dental benefit. Has deductibles to meet, but $0 copays for primary care physician (PCP) visits and Virtual Visits—regardless of age—and Tier 1 prescriptions for $5.
0% deductible That’s what you’ll pay for children under 18 with our Choice Open Access plan.
So many Choices
|Health Plan Highlights||Choice Advantage||Choice Open Access||Choice Plus Advanced||MD-IPA||Choice Plus HDHP* with HSA**||Choice Primary||Choice Plus Primary|
|$0 copay for PCP visits||X|
|Health Savings Account||X|
*High Deductible Health Plan **Health Savings Account
For a more detailed breakdown and explanation of benefits by plan, visit the Resources.
- Over 65?
All of our FEHBP plans include a Medicare Advantage plan (except the Choice Plus HDHP with HSA). Visit our Medicare & Retirees site, uhcvirtualretiree.com/fehbmvp to learn more. Or if you’re ex-military, start with our TRICARE booth. For a more detailed breakdown and explanation of benefits by plan, visit the Resources.
There’s no one thing that makes us the right choice: it’s a combination of strategies that put the member first.
Network care virtually anywhere
Our expansive national network makes it easier to find providers and facilities—anywhere in the country.
There’s an app for that
Our 24/7 personalized health plan hub takes the paper out of paperwork, letting you securely search for care, find and compare costs, see your plan information at a glance, and more—anytime, anywhere, on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- UnitedHealthcare® app
We know you’re often on the go, so our app goes with you, letting you find nearby care, estimate costs, video chat with a doctor, track your claims and more.
convenience care clinics
Taking health to the next level
Any health concern can be stressful, and waiting for office hours can make it more so. Virtual Doctor Visits and Virtual Behavioral Health Visits are designed to help shorten the wait—getting you answers and care, direct from the medical source.
- Video chat with a doctor or behavioral health specialist anytime, day or night.
- Accessible from any computer, tablet or smartphone with a webcam.
- Answers to medical questions, diagnoses and prescriptions.
- Behavioral Health support for addiction, depression, trauma, loss, stress or anxiety.
25% of ER visits are estimated to be treatable with a Virtual Visit3
You don’t have to turn a deaf ear to issues with your hearing. We offer the hearing aid options, care, convenience and support to help you hear life to the fullest.
Save on name-brand and private-labeled hearing aids.100s of major-manufacturer devices—at savings of up to 80% off industry prices.5
Visit one of 5,000+ credentialed hearing providers.The largest nationwide network6 of credentialed hearing professionals, for testing, hearing aid evaluations and follow-up.
Order easily, in person or from home.From a UnitedHealthcare hearing provider—order in person or have them delivered to your home in 5-10 business days.
Access online tutorials, hearing health tips, and more.Including our comparison guide to choosing a hearing aid.
Real Appeal is designed to help drive small behavior changes that may lead to lasting weight loss. Using live online coaching and a robust set of resources, it gives you guidance, motivation and accountability that helps drive real change—for $0 out of pocket.
What is it?
A digital program offering up to a year of weight-loss support, based on research by the National Institutes of Health. It’s designed for members who are obese, overweight or just ready to shed a few pounds.
What’s the appeal?
- A Success Kit to help you kickstart your weight loss and stay on track, including scales, fitness equipment, recipes and more.
- An online Transformation Coach to help guide and motivate you 1:1 through a customized weight-loss program.
Inspiring results On average, participants lost 10 pounds after attending just four online classes.7
See the appeal for yourself
Watch our Real Appeal video to see the benefit in action.
It’s like having your own personal health coach: Rally shows you how to adjust your lifestyle and routine, set smart goals, and track your progress, every day. You’ll get personalized recommendations designed to help you move more, eat better, and improve your health—and have fun doing it.
- An easy-to-use web and mobile app.
- Goes beyond the physical to emotional, financial, social and community well-being.
- Rewards progress with Rally Coins—which you can use to donate to charity.