A 360° view of what sets us apart
See the breadth of our vision benefits for yourself
Clear eyes, full benefits
Our standalone vision plans were designed with your eye care needs—and your lifestyle—in mind.
- 106,000 access points for vision care nationwide.
- On-trend frames & contacts from Warby Parker, GlassesUSA and more.
- No extra cost for expanded eye care for children up to age 13 or expanded maternity vision care.
Examine the differences
Our Standard and High vision options offer cost-effective support for your vision needs, and even some of your vision wants.
|Premiums for plans||Standard option||High option|
|Self + 1||$6.50||$14.08||$10.14||$21.97|
|Self + family||$9.68||$20.97||$15.09||$32.70|
|Vision plans||Standard option||High option|
|Annual eye exam||$10||$0|
|Standard scratch-resistant coating||$0||$0|
|Tier 1 anti-refective coating||up to $30||$0|
|Tier 1 progressive||$25||$0|
|High-end (Tier 2–4) progressive||up to $250||$65|
|High-end plastic up to 1.73||up to $69||up to $69|
See your benefit summary for complete plan details, including exclusions and limitations.
Or if you can see yourself taking another route
Laser vision correction is up to 35%1 off at QualSight LASIK2 with your FEDVIP vision benefit.
Seeing double the impact
Caring for your eyes is caring for your health—so vision care should start early and continue regularly.
In fact, early attention to vision problems in childhood may help avoid related learning and developmental problems down the road.
Reading is believing
UnitedHealthcare Vision Resources educates members and their families on critical eye care topics, including:
- Children’s eye health.
- What serious medical conditions an eye exam can reveal.
- Signs of cataracts.
- The impacts of heart disease and diabetes on eyes.
- Nutrition to support healthy eyes.
- How some medications may affect vision.
- Pregnancy’s impacts on your eyes.
For a deeper look into the topics above, visit the Resources.
A real eye-opener 80% of what kids learn in school is learned visually.3
You’ve got connections
Because eye health and wellness are directly linked, we wanted your benefits to be connected too. The FEDVIP Benefit Hub is a 24/7 centralized platform that links your Vision benefits to a network of wellness resources—and discounts—at no additional cost to members.
From hearing aids to family entertainment, we’ve made it easier to link your benefits to your life.
- UnitedHealthcare® Hearing. Discounts of up to 80% on name-brand and private-label hearings aids—available from any of our 5,500 UnitedHealthcare Hearing providers nationwide.4
- Contact lens and LASIK discounts. A 10% discount through uhccontacts.com, plus a discount of up to 35% off the national average price for laser vision correction through QualSight® LASIK.
- Online coaching. Savings on weight loss, stress reduction, quitting smoking and other health-minded programs.
- Fitness & Lifestyle. Discounted fitness memberships and training, as well as restaurants, tech services, entertainment and more.
A view to better health
Whether you have children or are about to, you want to know you’ve foreseen all the potential pitfalls—but unexpected vision issues may obscure the view. Based on our extensive health data, UnitedHealthcare has expanded its eye care benefits to clear the fog.
Clearer vision ahead
Expanded benefits apply to both expectant mothers and children up to age 13, and include:
- Second eye exam within the plan year—for no additional premium (just the standard copays apply).
- 1 new pair of glasses (lenses and frames), when your prescription changes 0.5 diopter or more in a plan year.5
- 106,000 locations6 for network eye care and retail providers.
The more you know
15% of pregnant women experience a change in their vision.7
Less than 15% of preschool children get an eye exam, and less than 22% get a vision screening.8